[mrtg] [OT] Re: Re: Help required(sending SMS alerts)

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Tue Dec 19 14:47:22 MET 2006

Hi

Syed Waqqas Ahmed wrote:
> I am experiencing difficulty in integrating all these things together. Like I am able to send SMS through AT command that?s no issue. But checking for new email and then sending SMS including contents of email.. that?s the difficult part...

It is not that difficult, at least not if you are running something of a
*X system.  Many of these are using procmail as a mail delivery
subsystem (google procmail) or support .forward settings.

If you cannot run your own mail server you can use fetchmail to fetch
messages to be delivered locally.

There are actually many differrent ways to achieve what you want.

cheers

Erich