[mrtg] cfgmaker interface commenting

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Mon Dec 25 01:24:14 MET 2006

Hello,

I found strange behaviour, when I use SNMP version 2.

With SNMP version 1 cfgmaker comments Interfaces
with broken ifInOctets and ifOutOctets with this message:

### The following interface is commented out because:
### * got 'Received SNMP response with error code
###       error status: noSuchName

This is OK, but with --snmp-options=:::::2 is not bad
Interface commented and it is normally generated to config,
which is probably wrong.

I looked in a perl code of cfgmaker, specially at subroutine
"IsCounterBroken", but my perl skills are not enough to solve
problem. Can somebody confirm this problem or better try to
fix it?

Thank you very much.

Pavel Ruzicka

PS. Tested with cfgmaker 2.14.3 and 2.15.0.