[mrtg] cfgmaker question

Shane Presley shane.presley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:58:42 MET 2006

Hello,

I use cfgmaker to dynamically build configs for all my switches.  For example:

cfgmaker --output=/etc/mrtg/cisco.inc --community=mystring  --global
"options[_]: bits" --global "WorkDir: /var/www/html/mrtg-data/"
--ifdesc=alias --host-template=cisco.template
myserver.domain.dom:::::2 myserver2.domain.dom:::::2

However, I need to use lots of different cfgmaker scripts, since I
need to define different options for certain switches.  For example on
some I want to use a certain template, and some I might use a
different ifdesc.

So using multiple cfgmaker scripts is great, but each one needs to
output to a different file.  So that makes things a pain for me.  Is
it possible to have these append to a single output file?  Or
specificy different options (like ifdesc and host-template) per
target?

Thanks
Shane