[mrtg] Re: MaxBytes with multiple cpus and hyperthreading

Spencer B. Torene sbtorene at pbs.org
Fri Feb 17 20:17:31 MET 2006

My experience has been that you need to divide the data by the number of
CPUs that appear in any system performance monitors.  That generally
includes all real and virtual CPUs.  So in your case 6, if I'm
understanding correctly.

If you want to be sure, don't divide by anything, and push the MaxBytes
up in increments of 100 until your graph never flat-lines or tops out
unrealistically.