[mrtg] 3com ss3 firewall blank graph problem

Lawrence Vandyke l.vandyke at wnsc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 14:17:56 MET 2006

Hi,
I'm having problems getting MRTG to work properly with our firewall.
cfgmaker queries it and sets it up no problem, but when MRTG is run it
shows no data going through any of the three ports, the graphs are all
blank.
I know MRTG is ok because it graphs the traffic going through our
managed switchs fine.
The firewall is a 3Com superstack 3, I've set all SNMP traffic to be
allowed through on all ports and have configured all the SNMP settings I
can find: get community name, system name, system contact, system
location and host 1
This is our main firewall with constant traffic going through it, so im
sure the graphs shouldnt be blank.
The log files show all zeros. e.g. the log file 192.168.1.1_3.log starts
with:-
1140607329 0 0
1140607329 0 0 0 0
1140606636 0 0 0 0
and continues with zeros all the way down, the other log files are the
same. I've attached my mrtg.cfg
Im currently running MRTG manually with 'env LANG=C ./mrtg
/usr/local/mrtg-2/cfg/mrtg.cfg' and its running without any errors, and
is properly updating the graphs, ie the timeline is moving, but the
graphs are empty.
Please if you tell me to RTFM, tell me which one to read, because Ive
read the main one and several others.

Thanks very much for any help!

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 4k (4457 bytes)