[mrtg] Re: mrtg frustrations

Aaron Clasby aaron.clasby at cicadacorp.com
Fri Jan 6 01:48:15 MET 2006

Much thanks to Jay and Anson. I have it working and polling the ports. I
just have a problem with the descriptions.

snmpwalk shows the data lined up like this:
IF-MIB::ifAlias.1 = STRING: 3640 Router

So I tried alias for ifdesc it blanks out the area in which it should be
placing the alias name.

So SNMP sees the names for the Alias OID, but they are blank when
cfgmaker runs. I see the snpo lines for eth/type/name/descry but no
alias which sounds like that's where my problem is.