[mrtg] Re: Unknown SNMP var ssCpuRawUser.0

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Jul 5 16:28:15 MEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 14:22 -0500, NChoate at jwoperating.com wrote:
> I had the exact same problem as the previous user.  I added the LoadMIBs
> line to the the included cfg file.
> However, I still have some issues.
> 1.	You mentioned that the parser only read v1 mibs, I need the
> UCD-SNMP-MIB and its v2, and there are several examples using v2 mibs so
> having problems with this.

I haven't kept up on the snmp_utils development, but last I checked it
did not know how to parse certain snmp v2 features and would die.

This does not forbid mrtg from using snmp v2, only from parsing mibs
written in the V2 format.

> 2.  I no longer receive any errors stating "Unknown SNMP var
> ssCpuRawUser.0" from mrtg after fixing the LoadMIBs line, but my graphs
> still flatline at zero.  Is this related to the v2 mib issue, if so, how
> can I get around this.

No, it is related to the options[]: statement.  You need to add "guage"
for items that go up and down on their own (as opposed to monotonically
increasing counters)

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CNX, CISSP #78281
Austin Energy

gpg Key: http://austinnetworkdesign.com/pgp.key
Key fingerprint = B527 F53D 0C8C D38B DCC7  901D 2F19 A13A 22E8 A76A