[mrtg] Total Bytes / s for WLAN on a Symbol WS5000

Mark Williams skeezelbut at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 18:14:17 MEST 2006

I'm looking for a way to get the total throughput for
a defined WLAN on a Symbol WS5000 wireless switch. I
can get the total number of clients per WLAN using
ccWLANTable in the mib. The ccMUInfoTable shows the
number of tx and rx bytes per client, but I don't see
how I can use it with MRTG because I'd have to summ
over an unknown number of entries.

My other option is to track the throughput on the LAN
swith the Symbol connects to. The problem there is
that the Symbol connects to an Alcatel with an 802.1Q
trunk, and I don't see any way in the Alcatel mib to
get the throughput for just a specific VLAN on a
specific port.

Any help would be much appreciated,

-Mark