[mrtg] Re: Perl consultant needed for MRTG 95th percentile

William Yardley mrtg at veggiechinese.net
Thu Jul 20 22:42:30 MEST 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 11:53:48PM -0700, Ben Kimberlin wrote:

> I am looking to hire a Perl consultant to help set this up for me.

If you're not totally tied into doing this via MRTG, RTG can do 95th
percentile lines very easily. The advantage (and disadvantage) of RTG is
that it saves *every* point (forever) in a MySQL database - it can use
up a lot of disk space, depending on the number of targets.

I believe there's also a util that can print out 95th percentile
readings as text.