[mrtg] Re: MRTG percent bandwidth utilization

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jul 24 01:19:30 MEST 2006

> The problem is we don't use routers.cgi.  We have a stock
> install of MRTG.
> I'd like to be able to do it with MRTG natively, if at all
> possible.

In that case, you need to make the calculations BEFORE the data is
stored in the RRD.

If you have a calculation in your Target line you can get close.

eg,

Target[x]: diskoid&diskoid:comm at host / disksize
Factor[x]: 100
MaxBytes[x]: 1
Options[x]: noo
LegendI[x]: C
YLegend[x]: %
Legend1[x]: Disk percent usage

Of course you could get rid of the Factor by including this in the
Target line.

Using native MRTG, you can only get 1 or 2 variables on a graph.  You
need a different frontend to get more complex custom graphs.  Also, you
cannot have graphs where the two lines use different scales (eg, one
showing data use, one showing percentage).  You have only one Y-axis.

Steve