[mrtg] Re: Kill spikes. [signed]

Scott_Rochford at DELL.com Scott_Rochford at DELL.com
Wed Jun 14 13:55:18 MEST 2006

I think there are fancier ones out there, but I just do something like
this:

awk '!(NF==5 && ($4+$5) > 1000000)' original_log > new_log

Where 1000000 is the threshold of spikes you want to ignore.  You can
just use $4 on its own to only look at the first parameter that is
graphed.

Regards,

Scott.

-----Original Message-----
From: mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch]
On Behalf Of Rajendra Adhikari [c]
Sent: 14 June 2006 08:32
To: Rajendra Adhikari [c]
Cc: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Kill spikes. [signed]

I am not using rrd..... I have heard about removingspikes.pl and some
tother for rrd.
Is there a way I remove spikes above certain threshold from mrtg log
files.
I am using, maxbytes and absmax, but i should keep on editing these
values. aLSO, i loose the graph if it crosses the maxvalue.

I have links that produce graph about 200kbps and rarely goes to 5-6
mbps...in that case I have to remove the higher values.
Is there something like removingspikes.pl and spikekiller.pl as on rrd
for the general mrtg log files....
I would appreciate your suggestion.

Regds,
Rajendra

--
--------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch, rajendra at subisu.net.np.
For your security, rajendra at subisu.net.np
digitally signed this message on 14 June 2006 at 06:31:57 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
---------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] ----------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjhtcnRnQGxpc3QuZWUuZXRoei5jaCwgcmFqZW5kcmFAc3Vi
aXN1Lm5ldC5ucAByYWplbmRyYUBzdWJpc3UubmV0Lm5wAGVtYWlsIGJvZHkAgwMA
AHwAfAAAAAEAAABdrY9EgwMAAOACAAIAAgACACB7jXBHgv5tdxZ1OEpqbcUQfCYT
+qfWlhOykR+6NW6T7QEAdxbfhtK8XxGgHXlqYiO/ff1X5loasS/aYb3a/529jxEf
yE9S6K2dupirNpgYdjFGGL4zna5h2syPLg9/vrpaFFNdI2aAU2lnRW5k