[mrtg] About target arithmetic (subtraction). [signed]

Rajendra Adhikari [c] rajendra at subisu.net.np
Sun Jun 18 12:16:00 MEST 2006

Hi members,
I have a problem in plotting a graph doing the target arithmetic.
Let me explain the situation:
I have 4 switch ports. Say, Por1 to Port 4. Port 1 to port 4 are on a
single vlanA. Port 1 is also tagged with vlanB. My manageable switch
doesn't have any OID or other way to determine the traffic based on
vlan.  So, I have to do a simple arithmetic. The traffic from each port
goes to other ports. My intention is to plot the graph at Port 1 only
the traffic that were for vlanB.
I did as:
Target[switch]:  1:community at switch - -2:community at switch -
-3:community at switch - -4:community at switch :
But, I doubt on this definition. Out at 1 for VlanA would be to 2, 3 and
4, and similarly In at 1 for vlanA would be from 1,2 &3.
What if there is a traffic between 2,3 and 4. Doesn't these traffic
effect the above definition.

Or is there other way to do?

Please suggest. I will appreciate your help.

thanks,
Rajendra Adhikari.

--
--------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch.
For your security, rajendra at subisu.net.np
digitally signed this message on 18 June 2006 at 10:14:20 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
---------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] ----------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjhtcnRnQGxpc3QuZWUuZXRoei5jaAByYWplbmRyYUBzdWJp
c3UubmV0Lm5wAGVtYWlsIGJvZHkA9QIAAHwAfAAAAAEAAAB8J5VE9QIAAPACAAIA
AgACACB7jXBHgv5tdxZ1OEpqbcUQfCYT+qfWlhOykR+6NW6T7QEAdxbfhtK8XxGg
HXlqYiO/ff1X5loasS/aYb3a/529jxFrnklBEVoKh1NMc01gALjzoNgld3inTs1w
/U0m+z8tx4vRuCesU2lnRW5k