[mrtg] Re: FreeBSD Ports: MRTG + Nagios + Net-SNMP + p5-*

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Wed Mar 8 04:55:59 MET 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
>
>> I observed the same problem on my FreeBSD box.
>>
>> Recently I setup a fresh box with Solaris 10 (it has perl 5.8.4)
>> and mrtg-2.10.15 from sunfreeware.

I love it!  Absolute joy over this.  I downgrade to MRTG mrtg-2.12.2,1 by
pulling the $PORTNAME/distinfo and $PORTNAME/Makefile from CVS as of the
20th of June, 2005 and the problem suddenly goes away.  Fixing problems
this way makes me feel all warm inside.  Especially in production
environments.

The only FreeBSD PR open on this is ports/75883, but you an be assured
I'll be opening one of this tomorrow, just after I diff out the hundreds
of changes between 2.12 and 2.13.

The only one in the CHANGE LOG that seems to be remotely related is:

    From: Daniel J McDonald <dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com> (with help from
    Mike Mitchell)
    * SNMP v3 support added Net::SNMP library required for this

Good times, good times.
~BAS