[mrtg] interface descriptions not on index page

Koen Bauwens bauwens_koen at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 10:36:37 MET 2006

Hi,
I am running stage at volvo and I had to start using mrtg 5 days ago, Its a
nice and not that hard to learn.
Everything is working perfectly, just that on the index page, I can see the
(lets say) 4 ports of the network apparatus, but I cannot get the
discription to be the title of the graphs there. I can get other values
there, like --section=xxx , but I find these not that handy to use.
While I was running 2.10.5 everything went perfectly, I could see the
interface description, I upgraded to 2.13.2 and they are gone.
These are the cmdlines I use:

perl cfgmaker --subdirs=p70-1 --ifdesc=descr --output=p70-1.cfg
public-8 at 136.20.173.22

perl indexmaker --title=p70-1 --output=c:\www\p70-1.html --section=descr
--filter name=~136.20.173.22 volvo.cfg

Volvo.cfg:

RunAsDaemon: yes

EnableIPv6: no
Workdir: c:\www
options[_]: unknaszero,bits,growright
Include: d:\mrtg\mrtg-2.13.2\bin\p70-1.cfg

I am running mrtg on a windows 2003 server.

Thank you for reading,
Bauwens Koen