[mrtg] Usage spikes

Drew Burchett DrewB at united-systems.com
Fri Mar 17 15:49:24 MET 2006

I am monitoring a web server's network usage through MRTG.  Every day at
3:00 AM it makes a backup to a Snap server on my network.  This takes
about an hour and causes a 40Mb spike to appear in my chart.  This spike
makes everything else that day extremely hard to read as most of the
rest of the usage is below 1Mb.  Is there any way I can keep this from
distorting my entire graph short of just not monitoring that machine
during that time?
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner and is believed to be clean.