[mrtg] Re: Problem with Cisco Memory Utilization - Newbie alert!

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Thu Mar 30 22:12:21 MEST 2006

> However, I am having trouble pulling Free and Used Memory
> from a Cisco 4503.  I can get SNMP data for these values from
> the device, but am not smart enough to configure MRTG to do it.

I don't know if the 4503 supports all the memory OIDs. However, if
you're suspicious that the actual config syntax is causing problems, you
can try a template. Try the "Cisco IOS Mem & CPU" template from
http://mrtg.gvolk.com. There are example cfgmaker command lines and
flags at the top of the template files that should make building a valid
memory OID config pretty quick and painless.