[mrtg] Dos-boxes

Balink, Martijn martijn.balink at portaal.nl
Fri May 5 13:49:51 MEST 2006

Hi All,

After some struggeling with SNMP-codes, I managed to get MRTG running fully on my WinXP workstation. This is not the permanent solution, sooner or later the sofwtare will be moved to a server platform. For the tmie being however, my laptop will do the monitoring.
Everything runs smoothly, except for one thing: Everytime MRTG runs (every 5 minutes, I've set the RunAsDaemon: yes option in the CFG file) I get a lot of DOS-boxes on my screen, they all appear for half a second, and then they're gone again. For every network-interface or cpu I monitor, I get a dos box. Using process explorer I found out that Rateup is causing the dos boxes.
Is there any way to get rid of these dos boxes? Can I hide them in any way, or is there something else I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Martijn Balink