[mrtg] Re: Setting Y axis scale to a fixed value

rajendra at subisu.net.np rajendra at subisu.net.np
Tue May 16 14:24:59 MEST 2006

Hi all,
I have just entered this discussion looking at the following comments.

Mark Said: >> I'd be perfectly happy if the graphs only went as far as the
red line.

I had also explored this problem before. Setting the absmax value will
result the graph cross the maxbytes up to absmax value. However if the
values (spikes) goes beyond absmax it will set to zero, but not trauncated
at the absmax. If I am not wrong Mark wants something that when the read
values are above the maxbytes (or absmax) it should be truncated at the
line  defined by maxbytes but not zero.

I did not find any good solution for this. But there would be alternative
if you set the option "logscale" or "secondmean" (logscale takes the
preference over secondmean) to the given target. But I find the graph
produced by this option is not easy to interpret. You can give a try...
and later can be reverted if does not suit you.

However, I seek something truncated as said by Mark to the normal scale
graph and not the logscale.

May be someone has the solution.
Looking forward...

Thanks!