[mrtg] Re: A target arithmetic issue

Adam Bayless adam at baylessfamily.org
Wed May 31 18:33:16 MEST 2006

Morgan Miskell thought no one was listening and belted out:
> Makes sure that you use SNMP v2, your probably just exceeding traffic
> levels for version one....just change your Top line to be:
>
> Target[oc3-total]: \POS3/0/0:community at router:::::2 +
>                  \POS8/0/0:community at router:::::2 +
>                  \POS8/0/0:community at router:::::2

Thanks, Morgan, but I already looked into that. I would just switch to v2, but one of
the cards doesn't seem to support it correctly... it gives zeros all the time in the
ifHCInOctets counters, which is less useful than the current situation. In any case,
I know the interfaces themselves are not exceeding the limits of 32bit counters at
this point, though they will as we increase traffic at some point in the future.

-adam