[mrtg] target output to html pages

Johannes Prost Johannes at yorktondigital.ca
Wed Oct 25 06:32:37 MEST 2006

Hello All,

As I am new some things make me a bit confuse and I am asking for
clarification regards cfg files & their output by using snmp to
retrieve the data.

To set a specific target (interface) with an specific port it is set
as
Target[192.168.100.30]: 25:community at 192.168.100.50:

In this sample I like to controll port 25 of the interface
192.168.100.30 at the snmp manager on the machine with 192.168.100.50
Do I understand this correct ?

Now, the html pages and images are created with 192.168.100.20 as
their respective name in the given workdirectory.

In addition I like to query the same target with another port,
actually 4 ports in total.  All those targets should be presented as
htmlpages in the same workdirectory.
My problem: mrtg wan't start as there are multiple targets with the
same name and as well I would have a problem, supposing mrtg would
even start, with the output of the html pages.

Where I am confused is this: How do I set the target  in this
scenerio ?
Or the other way around: Can it be like Target[some foo name]: ?
But this leads to my next question: How do I set the target in THIS
(foo name) case ?

A typical newbie mixup ? :)
Help to clarify this would be very appreaciated.

Johannes