[mrtg] Re: Router and Other Interface Statistics

Berger, Gary GARY.BERGER at odnss.com
Wed Sep 13 12:11:20 MEST 2006

I hadn't really thought about that but I guess you're right.  Has anyone
ever thought about using the returns to right scripts for alerts?  E.g.,
in this case, CRC errors or collisions are typically zero so monitoring
them will be boring and hopefully uneventful.  Has anyone ever used MRTG
(or the SNMP data returned to MRTG) to alert on anything that is
non-zero or non-zero for a certain number of samples?