[mrtg] Newbie questions about mrtg graphing of cisco switches ...

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Apr 2 16:14:44 CEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 09:55 -0700, Sandor W. Sklar wrote:

> *  It appears that the maximum throughput (either "in" or "out") on
> any given port is about 14.4 Mbytes per second.

Unless it were a gigabit interface.  In that case you would want to use
snmp V2 or 3 (I run snmpV3 on all 60 of my 3750's).

The syntax for V2 is community at switchaddress:::::2

>  Because most ports
> never come close to using that, though, looking at graphs from all
> the ports on the same page gives a "false impression".  My question
> is, is there an option I can specify that would keep all the graphs
> at the same scale, that scale being 14.4 Mbytes/second?

unscaled[_]: d

> *  I'm using the "indexmaker" program to write the html pages used to
> display the graphs, with the options:
[...]
> Am I supposed to be running that command every 5 minutes as well?

No.  Only when the config changes.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy