[mrtg] Time zone confusion

Thomas Olsen thomas_olsen44 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:19:43 CEST 2007

Hi all

I am pretty new to MRTG and have been reading some about the Timezone
option, but not able to get it right.
Here are the technical details:
I am located in GMT+8 (set on my Windows 2003 server)
I am running v 2.15.1 of MRTG on the same Windows 2003 Server with IIS

For my local monitored devices, I have no problem displaying the correct
time (the only thing I see is that it is displaying it as 18:08 in stead of
6:08pm, but no big deal)
I am also monitoring some devices in Europe, Netherlands (GMT+2 with DST),
and this is where the problem starts.
The graph itself is displaying the time correctly, but the text above is not
correct (see europe_device.jpg).
Below is part of the config for the europe device:
Target[XXXXXXX_ethernet3]: #ethernet3:public at XXXXXXX:
Timezone[XXXXXXX_ethernet3]: GMT-2
SetEnv[XXXXXXX_ethernet3]: MRTG_INT_IP="ethernet3_ip_addr"
MRTG_INT_DESCR="ethernet3"

Does anybody know what I have done wrong with my config?

Some help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

/Thomas

MSN Music http://music.msn.no Finn din favorittmusikk blant nesten 1 million