[mrtg] MRTG "flat-line" after a while of service outage

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:12:55 CEST 2007

On 13/04/07, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com> wrote:

> First - thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

It looks like the configuration HAS changed but a few days earlier and
somehow it broke only now - I added a couple of Windows disk monitoring
configurations using cfgstoragemaker, which sets defaults using _ and ^
targets without reseting them. Among other things it sets the counter type
to "gauge", which was left there when my counter was read.

Adding "Options[_]:" to reset to the default (as well as the other stuff)
seems to have fixed the problem.

I found this from watching the debug log and reading the MRTG source to
decipher rateup command line arguments.

Cheers,

--Amos