[mrtg] statistics during server halted

Dan mrtg at dandoore.com
Sat Apr 21 21:01:25 CEST 2007

srtt.be - Michel Lombart wrote:

 > After the reboot and a full functionnal check, I've looked at the MRTG
 > statistics. I was surprised to see that values during the interruption
 > was not null but seems to be the same as the last measure juste before
 > the halt. Values was constant during the whole period.
 >
 > It's not a real issue but I wonder to know why and if there is a smart
 > solution to avoid these false data ?

This is by desigh - you can use the option: unknaszero (see
http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html) to make it all zero.

e.g. Options[router]: growright, bits, unknaszero

If you use RRD as the back end you also get zero values - if you use
Routers2CGI as your front end it grays it out which makes it really
obvious too.

Dan.