[mrtg] Cisco 6500 and MRTG

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Mon Apr 23 19:24:19 CEST 2007

check out the docs on 'cfgmaker'.  check out the IOS reference manual on
the snmp-server command (hopefully you're on IOS and not CatOS)

~BAS

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Henrik Jacobsson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> This is my first... "post". Never used the kind of system before with
> newsletters and such... Anyhow, if I do anything wrong, just tell me. I dont
> know if this issue has been talked about before because i don't know how to
> search...
>
> I've gotten an idea, I "work" at a place that maintans the "city MAN" or
> whatever it is called in English. The core is 2 6500 with HSRP and
> dist/access around 250 3550s Cisco straight through, now, we got this idea,
> put up an MRTG graph over the primary 6500 router. How should you configure
> the mrtg config file? I know how to configure the 6500 (At least, I think I
> do :]), it's just that, MRTG isnt really my "thing", just put it up on my
> website and my buddy helped me with snmt on my eth0 instead of cban. ex.
> http://henkee.se/mrtg
>
> Uhm... thats all for now, I hope I did this thing right and I hope that you
> can help me =)
>
> //henke

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

"...from back in the heady days when "helpdesk" meant nothing, "diskquota"
meant everything, and lives could be bought and sold for a couple of pages
of laser printout - and frequently were."