[mrtg] Graphing, Too Values on the same graph

Dan mrtg at dandoore.com
Fri Aug 10 21:17:24 CEST 2007

Eric Hernandez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to Combine two graphs.  I have two scripts that poll some F5
> Load balancers for the average time of an http and https session.  The
> scripts output as shown below.
> I have made many attempts to combine them but when i do it either adds
> the values together or graphs them seperately but not correctly. I am
> injecting three zeros after the values.  Please Advise thanks,

If you combine the two queries into one script and then output both
values to give the following:

./bigip1_http_and_httpsmean.sh
12691
19953
0
0

And then it will populate the [I]n and [O]ut values, so your MRTG config
would be something like:

Target[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]:
`/etc/mrtg/scripts/bigip1_http_and_httpsmean.sh`
Title[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]:  Average Time of http and https sessions
PageTop[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]: <h1>Average Time of http and https
sessions MilliSeconds</h1>
MaxBytes[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]: 1000000
YLegend[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]: Milliseconds
ShortLegend[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]: Average Time of http and https
Sessions
LegendI[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]: Average Time of http Session
LegendO[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]: Average Time of https Session
Options[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]: gauge,growright,nopercent
Colours[bigipmeanhttp_and_https]:
BLUE#1000ff,VIOLET#ff00ff,RED#bb0000,GREEN#006600

Dan.