[mrtg] MRTG Stopping After Startup (with included config files only)

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Fri Aug 31 09:41:19 CEST 2007

Brad,

What happens when you start the master config file from a commandline?
With logging and debuging turned on you should get some messages. For details about logging and debug options see http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg.en.html

HTH,

Jan.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Brad Lodgen
	Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 10:27 PM
	To: mrtg at lists.oetiker.ch
	Subject: [mrtg] MRTG Stopping After Startup (with included config files only)

	Hey everybody,

	I'm running a startup script to execute mrtg with a master config file. I'm testing this out presently and only have one included config file. The included config isn't actually able to poll the devices that are in the config, but the main config file is able to poll.

	When I have the master config file, with NO INCLUDED configs in it, it starts up fine on OS startup and stays up until it's killed.

	When I have the master config file, with the included config in it, it starts up fine on OS startup, but about 10 seconds later, it stops. There is no error message, nothing. I just kept hitting 'ps aux | grep mrtg' and within 10 seconds, mrtg was gone.

	So, if I add the included file in the master config, MRTG starts up fine on OS startup, but is killed shortly after. Each config file works fine if I execute them separately.

	Anyone have any ideas why MRTG would be killed after starting fine?

	Brad

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het elektronisch verzenden van berichten.

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. The state accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.