[mrtg] mrtg log

Pili Muñoz Gargallo mugnoz.pilar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:49:19 CET 2007

 hi all,

I would like to use MRTG in adition to Nagios to monitor a net. I Know
there's a pluggin called check_mrtgtrafg which will allow me to monitor
bandwith. It appears read in the log that can write mrtg, but reading the
configuration i have several questions:

i have to do
cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /home/httpd/mrtg'  \
          --global 'Options[_]: bits,growright' \
          --output /home/mrtg/cfg/mrtg.cfg    \
           community at router.abc.xyz
for every device i want to monitor, have i?
comunity is public or private
router.abc.xyz is the IP of the router

but if i want to monitor the bandwith various ports of a switch, how could
do it?
MRTG only allows to monitor a device at time?

In which format it logs datas? If i change 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55
* * * * \
for 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9**********  would i get the statistics everyminute?

thank you very much....

Pili