[mrtg] Ping probe with MRTG

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Dec 11 02:01:18 CET 2007

Mrtg-ping-probe is nice - small, efficient and useful.  If you move to
RRDTool and use the routers2 frontend, then there is support for
floating bar graphs (min/max ranges) and you can get ping graphs that
look like this:

http://www.steveshipway.org/cgi-bin/routers2.pl?rtr=ping%2Fping.cfg&xgty
pe=d&if=ping-x.y.86.254

Of course, if you want *really* fancy ping graphs, take a look at Tobi's
smokeping software.

Steve