[mrtg] mrtg-rdd question

Pili Muñoz Gargallo mugnoz.pilar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 15:20:49 CET 2007

Hi all,
May be i will ask a nonsense but i have a question about if it is possible
the use of  MRTG  + RRD  being able to preserve the log format of MRTG...
I use the logformat of MRTG to use a funtion in Nagios that allowme to
monitor bandwith, but i didn't find out how Nagios  could draw the evolution
of the measurements... I was told about routers2.cgi that could solve the
problem, but if it switches the files .log  to files.rrd i am not able to
still monitoring to generate alarms...
i have tried to put  an inlude:mymrtg2.cfg at the bottom of the file, and in
this second one make the logformat would be rrdtool.. i replaced the name of
the target aswell, hoping the second .cfg file would generate its own _rrd
with the name of the target.. i mean
target[router1_1] would genetate router1_1.rrd?

what i am trying to ask is:
if i am logging the results of MRTG and in several file.cfg i want to log
with rrd but not all.. Could be it possible?

Thank you very much in advance and merry Christmas everyone!!

Best wishes

Pili