[mrtg] MRTG with lm_sensors output

Volk,Gregory B greg.volk at edwardjones.com
Sun Feb 4 18:43:15 CET 2007

I wrote a quick & dirty script that allows for each line of data to be
selected from the command line, and removes the special characters if
they appear in "sensors -f" output. I put a copy of it at
http://gvolk.com/sensors.pl

You may have to change the paths inside the script to make it work, but
the basic syntax is:

./sensors.pl 2 3

The above invocation would display

+1.33
+2.64

from lines 2 & 3 of your sensors output in your original message.

	I have a couple of problems try to maximise getting the data
from the output, using mrtg_sensor.pl.

	Temp3, fan1, fan2 are all fine.

	If I want to get M/B Temp & CPU Temp, and maybe some of the
voltages, how do you cope with the spaces and unusual characters?