[mrtg] Simultaneous voip calls on T1 trunk.

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Jan 23 23:00:46 MET 2007

Before I re-invent the wheel, or do something really nasty like hack up
mrtg...  I would like to monitor the number of active voip calls on our
Cisco 2821.  The only thing I've found thus far is to count the number
of rows returned when doing an snmpwalk of
cvVoIPCallActiveRemMediaIPAddr

The way I did this back in the bad old days was to log all of the calls
via radius and parse the radius accounting records into a database, then
reconstruct over-lapping call timers.  That's really accurate, but I'm
not certain whether the call-manager initiated sessions will show up, so
I was looking for something a little easier to chew off.

So, is anyone monitoring simultaneous calls, and will they share their
config?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy