[mrtg] Re: 14all-1.1.cgi

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at k332.feld.cvut.cz
Wed Jan 24 10:33:38 MET 2007

Hello,

> How does 14all-1.1.cgi know where to grab the .rrd files from?

14all.cgi know path from mrtg.cfg config file.
This is header of My mrtg.cfg:
-------------------------------------
WorkDir: /usr/local/mrtg/data
Options[_]: bits,growright
14all*DontShowIndexGraph[_]: Yes
14all*Columns: 1
LogFormat: rrdtool
PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/
LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl/
Icondir: /images/
-------------------------------------

> Is there a way to force the cgi scripts to look for the rrd files in the
> directory of my choice?

Yes, by "Workdir" in mrtg config file.
This path is information for MRTG and also for 14all.cgi.

> I've set the $cfgfile and the $cfgfiledir to the
> specific directories but no luck. I only have the problem on this server,
> the RedHat server works great.

I've set $cfgfiledir = '/usr/local/mrtg/cfg/'; because I have more config files (due to
performance).
This is path for MRTG config file directory, NOT for data.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka