[mrtg] Re: (No Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:21:01 -0800

Gary Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Wed Jan 24 10:33:38 MET 2007

Hello,

I have been looking for some information regarding eth aliases.  I have a firewall that uses iptables to do some address translation and as such the firewall contains all of the stats for the incoming and outgoing traffic on the external interface.  There are 128 IP's.

What I would like to do is to graph each of the IP's individually.  When I use the cfgmaker to generate the file for the filewall it doesn't list any of the aliases.  I have snooped around with the SNMP settings and tries to find information on the aliases and I haven't had much success in finding them.

Does anyone know the best way get this information.  I have mrtg setup for a couple servers and it has been working great.  I would like to use it for this as well.

Thanks,

Gary Smith