[mrtg] Graphing 3rd data

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jul 4 00:10:41 CEST 2007

MRTG can be changed to use RRDTool as it's backend easily - see the
instructions on the MRTG website.  When you do this, you will need a
frontend application as MRTG will no longer generate the .html and .gif
files.

Although RRDTool can support any number of data sources, MRTG supports
only two.  So MRTG will still collect just two data sources per .rrd
file.  You will need a new frontend (eg: routers2.cgi ) that can create
summary graphs over multiple MRTG targets.

Steve

Would rrdtool be another option?  If I understand correctly it can plot
multiple data streams?  How do I change MRTG's front-end to use it?
Thanks all.

Ciao ?:-)

Shirlyn