[mrtg] MRTG Temperature Monitoring

Scott Danton scott.danton at gallatin-tn.gov
Fri Jun 8 14:36:31 CEST 2007

I have recently purchased a Room Alert 7E to monitor the temperature of
our Server room.  I am wondering if anyone has any experience monitoring
the temperature from a Room Alert device with MRTG?  I would love to get
some help on a config.  Looking at the documentation they have built in
MIB for Temp1F and Temp2F for the temperature settings.  I am not sure
how to use these.  I know for monitoring a network interface in MRTG you
would use something like 172.16.2.10_2 Do I use the same thought process
and do 172.16.2.10_Temp1F?  How do I set up the graph for temperature?
As you might be able to tell I am not real sure of what I am doing.
Please send anything you think will be helpful. Even a sample cfg file
if you have one.

Thanks,

Scott