[mrtg] MRTG front-end: Suggestions/which one to choose - pros & cons?

Thomas Olsen thomas_olsen44 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 03:13:08 CEST 2007

Hi All

I have been running MRTG for a few months now, and it is working great.
However, it would be nice with the possibility to customize more.

I have started looking at installing a front-end solution and using RRD logging.
>From what I have seen so far there are a few different solutions out there:

- 14all.cgi
- routers2.cgi (I have seen various mailing list threads etc regarding this and Steve is pretty active on this mailing list providing very good information)
- mrtg-rrd
- Cacti (I haven't seen a lot of questions on this mailing list about this, but they have a forum where there is a bit of activity)
- And maybe there are more solutions as well?

Does anyone have experience from using more than one of these and if you can give your recommendation (pros & cons) based on your experience it would be very valuable.

Thanks.

/Thomas