[mrtg] Graphing "L2TP Tunnel and Session Information" Cisco

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Jun 19 18:05:51 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 09:22 +1000, Ross Tsolakidis wrote:
> Hi peoples,
>
> I have a Cisco 7206vxr and I'd like to graph the total sessions and
> tunnels.
> Eg, show vpdn; produces the tunnels and sessions totals.

actually, there are mib variables for this:
cvpdnSystemTunnelTotal OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX Gauge
--  Units
--    tunnels
    ACCESS read-only
    STATUS mandatory
    DESCRIPTION
        "The total number of VPDN tunnels that are currently
         active of this tunnel type."
    ::= { cvpdnSystemEntry 2 }

cvpdnSystemSessionTotal OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX Gauge
--  Units
--    sessions
    ACCESS read-only
    STATUS mandatory
    DESCRIPTION
        "The total number of active sessions in all the active VPDN
         tunnels of this tunnel type."
    ::= { cvpdnSystemEntry 3 }

So, with a
LoadMIBs: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-VPDN-MGMT-MIB-V1SMI.my
you can just set your target to:
Target[vxr-vpdn]:
cvpdnSystemTunnelTotal&cvpdnSystemSessionTotal:public at vxr.example.com