[mrtg] fail to create snmpv3 configuration file using cfgmaker un der metg 2.15.2

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Jun 28 14:57:59 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 11:38 +0800, Wong, Hon-Cheong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>    Do anyone have experience to use SNMPv3 AuthNoPriv with cfgmaker to
> create the MRTG configuration file.  I use the command
>

> C:\mrtg-2.15.2\bin>Perl cfgmaker –enablesnmpv3 –-authprtotocol=md5–
> username=NOC –authpassword=authpass–snmp-options=:::::3 10.1.1.1
>

>   After the above command being executed, the message reply found to
> be
>

> Undefined subroutine &main::snmpmapoid called at cfgmaker

That's almost always because the Net::SNMP libraries are missing.  MRTG
is supposed to throw an error that is more descriptive, but apparently
it doesn't work properly.

I have no experience making snmp v3 work in the windows platform (I
haven't done anything substantive in windows for six or more years), so
if there are modifications that need to be made to get it to function,
please let me know.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy