[mrtg] Graphs from 1 server, but not 3 identical servers

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Mar 8 13:52:15 CET 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 11:14:42AM +0000, Stuart Marsden wrote:

> if I look in the .log files thoes numbers appear in the top row of data.

> any suggestions?

Copy those numbers.  Do this a couple of times.

dt=Difference in timestamps, dv=difference in counter value.
rate=dv/dt

Look at dt. Is it what you expect (i.e. close to 5 minutes) ?
I'm not sure if recent MRTG has an option similar to rrdtool's
heartbeat setting but if it has, a rate will be ignored.

http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-reference.en.html
(see MaxBytes, MaxBytes1, MaxBytes2, AbsMax)
If rate > maximum then the value is ignored.

Look if you can find something with the debug flag:
http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg.en.html#item__2d_2ddebug_3ds

HTH
Alex