[mrtg] Graphs from 1 server, but not 3 identical servers

Stuart Marsden stuart at myphones.com
Thu Mar 8 12:14:42 CET 2007

We are now running the latest released mrtg (as of today) on centos

we have 4 dns servers and are running a perl script to return the usage
data via snmp

the mrtg cfg file has 3 graphs each with 2 values for each of the dns
servers.

if i run snmpget against each of the dns severs i get sensible values
(all sensible Counter32 values)
if I look in the .log files thoes numbers appear in the top row of data.

the 1st dns server set of graphs works fine, but the other 3 - all
values in the log file  come out as zero, as does the graphs

as far as I can tell, and I have treble checked the dns severs are
configured the same and the mrtg config is a "cut and paste" for each
server just changing the target information

any suggestions?

thanks in  advance

Stuart