[mrtg] Upgrade

mrtglist at keithbergen.com mrtglist at keithbergen.com
Wed Mar 14 01:17:01 CET 2007

I have upgraded MRTG on a Windows box while having my data files in the same
directories. While that was shortsighted on my part, it worked without a
problem. That doesn't mean that it will continue to work. I have since moved
all of my customized files to a separate directory.

If you have your MRTG customized stuff in an MRTG directory, I would suggest
moving everything out, and getting it working in your old (known)
environment. Then upgrade to the new version, and it should still work.

I always kill the "wperl" process before upgrading too, but I don't know if
that is necessary or not.

Keith.