[mrtg] Time drift in entries in log file.

Stuart Kendrick skendric at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 15 17:46:16 CET 2007

hi ayaz,

my two bits:  i can offer of several reasons for a 2-4 second variance
in execution of a process which runs every five minutes ... do you think
either of these might apply to your installation?

-the MRTG box is intermittently busy and executes large, complex tasks
like MRTG with a  jitter of 2-4 seconds

-the target which you are querying is intermittently busy, and responds
to snmpgets with a jitter of 2-4 seconds

--sk

stuart kendrick
fhcrc