[mrtg] Monitoring Windows disk free space and named OID's

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:24:52 CET 2007

On 21/03/07, Stuart Kendrick <skendric at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> hi amos,
>
> you have some other sort of syntax error in your config file ... i
> predict that even if you replace hrStorage.1 with the OID, you would see
> a similar error message.  if you would like further assistance, i
> propose that you post some portion of your config file

Thanks for the advise.

Here is the relevant part of the configuration - I'm pretty sure the
error is caused by the "hrStorageSize" string because when I changed
it to the OID number (thanks for the pointer to snmptranslate, that
was exactly what I was after) the error was gone.

Target[IP_DriveC]: .hrStorageSize.1:community at IP - .hrStorageUsed.1:community at IP
Directory[IP_DriveC]: IP_DIR
MaxBytes[IP_DriveC]: 100000000
Title[IP_DriveC]: Free blocks on Drive C

It looks like I'll have to give up on using names for now, just like
anyone else.

The snmptranslate trick is an excellent one.

Cheers,

--Amos