[mrtg] MRTG showing incoming data during time when PC is shut off

Rohit V Bhute rvbhute at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 07:53:58 CEST 2007

I have installed MRTG 2.14.3 on Ubuntu 6.10. Also Josef Wendel's
mrtg_total script.

1. MRTG needs a lock file in /var/lock/mrtg. However this directory
needs to be created deliberately each time the PC is started.
<http://my.opera.com/albuemil/blog/index.dml/tag/mrtg>

2. MRTG shows un-explainable incoming traffic during the time my PC is
shut off - it's a home machine, so obviously its not ON all the time ;-)

Can anyone tell me where to look for to figure out whats going wrong?

If its permissible to attach files to the list, next time I'll add the
image generated to show what I mean.
--
Rohit V. Bhute
http://blog.rvbhute.org