[mrtg] Logscale and MaxBytes help

Max (MRTG list) Max.mrtg at DELTAL.ORG
Tue May 29 19:24:15 CEST 2007

I must be doing something wrong still.

As long as I stay below MaxBytes I have the Y scale of the graph at 280k
like I want it to, but as soon as I go over MaxBytes (but under AbsMax)
the Y scale jumps up to the level of actual data.

In the test I just did (made a new graph just for it),
  	Max  	Average  	Current
In 	4476.2 kB/s (1619.0%) 	11.7 kB/s (4.2%) 	4476.2 kB/s (1619.0%)
Out 	87.1 kB/s (31.5%) 	371.0 B/s (0.1%) 	87.1 kB/s (31.5%)

as Soon as my current/max went above 280K, the scale went up to match
Max (scale went up to 4.8M in this case), rather than the clipping that
you mentioned and I was hopping for.

FYI:MRTG 2.14.7

section of mrtg.cfg for the test graph...

Title[equinox2]: LAN traffic generate by EQUINOX
PageTop[equinox2]: <H1>EQUINOX traffic</H1>
Target[equinox2]: `/usr/local/bin/runmrtg_equinox.sh eth0`
AbsMax[equinox2]: 125000000
MaxBytes[equinox2]: 276480
Unscaled[equinox2]: dwmy
XSize[equinox2]: 390
Options[equinox2]: unknaszero, withzeroes, logscale
WithPeak[equinox2]: wym

Have I got something wrong in there?
NB:. the reason that MaxBytes is so low compared to AbsMax is that I
just want to pay attention to when the network is talking to the DSL
modem, and whenever I copy files etc. over the network to other
computers this isn't very often and I am happy (and hoping) for this
just to truncate itself at MaxBytes.