[mrtg] Chunky rrdtool graph

Max (MRTG list) Max.mrtg at DELTAL.ORG
Thu May 31 18:40:38 CEST 2007

Thank you David, that solved the problem.

I just used the sample create statement from the tutorial
(http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/tut/rrdtutorial.en.html) as it said it
was the equivalent to the mrtg graphs.

The problem (for me) with the sample create was that it only makes 600
samples of 5 minutes (50 hrs), so you were right, as soon as I tried to
make a graph that was longer than 50 hrs (48 hrs worked, but 72 hrs
didn't as it is greater than 50 hrs), I started getting the strange
resolutions.

All I had to do was run the resize option on it, telling it to GROW by
264, then I now have 864 samples at 5 minutes, giving me my 72 hrs.

re-ran the graphs and even the big one looks right now.

Thanks once again for the tip, I just couldn't work out why 24 and 48
hours worked, but 72 didn't.