[mrtg] ping? email

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Fri Nov 2 23:36:22 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 16:10 -0500, dbrett at tcn.net wrote:
> If replying include myself.  I was planning on looking at hobbit as well
>
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Evan Platt wrote:
>
> > At 10:06 AM 11/2/2007, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> >
> >> How about a vote for hobbit - http://sourceforge.net/projects/hobbitmon/
> >> Much more flexible paging than Nagios.
> >
> > I know this is O/T for this group, but there's no mailing lists for
> > hobbit and the help section looks like it hasn't seen activity in the
> > last few months..

And looking on http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.hobbit it
looks like you found it, and were told that the problem with OS/X is the
lack of gnu make.

Followups to hobbit at hswn.dk, unless you want to know how to port mrtg
information into hobbit so that hobbit can do paging on thresholds
observed by mrtg.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy