[mrtg] mrtg graphs keep clearing out...?

Kevin Vlasich vlasich at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:51:56 CET 2007

>can someone help me?
>
>my mrtg graphs keep clearing out and resetting.  the traffic starts logging
fine, and after 12-24 hours >the graphs wipe clean.  what is going on?  i
have fedora 8.

>i have a log directory specified, and within it is astro.log and astro.old.
>
>what could be causing this to happen???

I'm having the same problem with mrtg 2.15.1 on Fedora 7 and posted about it
on 10/30/2007.  One person responded that it may be a file locking problem
(two copies of mrtg running at the same time), but that doesn't appear to be
the problem I'm having.   Also, I noticed that my logfile goes missing on
regular occasions and only the .old file remains.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and/or found a solution?